FundThrough is offering a $2,000 referral bonus for this job!
Time since posting
Do you love the hustle of sales but want to build for the long term? Do you build relationships in your sleep and are looking for an exciting new challenge? Do you have experience leading B2B marketplaces, lending or tech partnerships? If so, then FundThrough wants to hear from you!
FundThrough is looking for a rockstar business development (BD) professional to join our team as we build the future of B2B transactions. Reporting to our Director of Partnerships, you will be responsible for establishing and nurturing strategic partnerships with future channel partners. This role is crucial to driving revenue through tech partners and B2B marketplaces. You will identify, negotiate and manage partnerships with key players that will unlock revenue growth and expand our business to exciting new heights. As a critical member of our growing team, you will work cross-functionally internally and externally as we expand our channel partner program and drive revenue for the business. Interested? Read more to see if this role is right for you.
About the company
FundThrough is a leading fintech company accelerating cash flow and enabling growth for small and medium sized businesses that sell to large customers and wait to get paid. Based in Toronto and operating across North America, FundThrough’s AI-powered invoice funding platform gives B2B businesses fast, customized funding offers to get their invoices paid in a few days – rather than a few months – and get quick access to cash they’ve already earned.
- Drive revenue through partnership channel growth with responsibility for identifying, nurturing and managing a pipeline of potential embedded and channel partners
- Develop and execute BD strategy inline with our partnerships vision and company direction: embedded everywhere
- Build and maintain a range of relationships within an organization (as comfortable talking to the leadership team as you are to project or marketing managers)
- Pitch, educate and objections handle like a pro! With the ultimate goal of negotiating partnership agreements to develop mutually beneficial terms that are aligned across organizational goals
- Monitor and analyze pipeline performance and report consistently on progress
- Passion for our mission of empowering small businesses to thrive
- 5+ years in partnerships or sales with an emphasis on business development and growing a pipeline including 3+ years in financial services, fintech or tech
- Experience launching partnerships successfully, including GTM strategies and tactics and lending partnerships from launch to scale
- Familiar with various channels, platforms, and industry events to build your network
- Results and revenue driven mindset
- Strategic, analytical, self-starter with excellent relationship building and management skills, ability to lead by influence, internally and externally, outstanding communication and storytelling skills
- Experience with B2B marketplaces or Accounting and ERP systems a big bonus
- Opportunity to leave your mark on a growing startup
- An incredibly diverse team of brilliant minds from all over the world
- Competitive compensation, including stock options
- Health benefits
- Family-friendly policies
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- A fully stocked kitchen, birthday treats, and a lunch of your choice every week (one of our values is Fun & Food!)
Our Downtown Toronto office is open and we encourage FundThrough’ers based within the GTA to use it. This role is open to being fully remote or hybrid.
Please note that due to the sensitive nature of the work we do, clearing a criminal record check is a condition of employment.
FundThrough encourages applications from candidates with differing abilities. Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage in the selection process.